Today we will look at REVELATION CHAPTER 5. We find that we are still in the Heavenly Realm in John's vision given unto him by God of things that would take place "hereafter."
- vs. 1-5: We see a Book sealed with seven seals and no one has been found who is worthy to open this book, except for The Lion of the Tribe of Judah. This is none other than Jesus Christ who is the final heir to the Davidic throne. Notice that the Book (or scroll) is sealed with seven seals which will begin to be opened in Chapter 6. What does the scroll contain? Apparently the judgment of God, since each seal loosed brings down judgment upon the world.
- vs. 6-7: In the vision Christ is represented not only as a regal Lion of Judah, but also as God's Lamb sacrificed for the sins of the whole world. He comes and takes the book for it will soon be opened.
- vs. 8-10: Now the four beasts and the 24 elders begin to worship the Lamb of God. I want to pay particular attention to the elders here and what they do...this identifies them as believers and not angels. They sing a song that states Christ, the Lamb, has "redeemed" them by his blood from every kindred, tongue, people and nation! These are believers, clearly! Notice also that they expect to reign with Christ as kings and priests under His rule!
- vs. 11-14: Now we have the follow-up from all creation! First we have an innumerable company of Angels who are worshipping the Lamb, Jesus Christ...boy if he isn't God, somebody should tell them, cause they are all worshipping HIm! (yes, sarcasm...of course Jesus is God!)
- All of creation follows in their adoration of the Lamb and He that sits upon the Throne...God the Father. And since we have a triune God, we know that Jesus said, I and my Father are one..."if you have seen me, then you have seen the Father."
STAY TUNED: In the next Chapter we descend to find what is taking place upon the Earth as the seven seals are loosed by Jesus Christ, the Lamb of God.